If you do not know, on October 24, 2020, Facebook and Instagram will officially stop supporting the unauthenticated oEmbed. This means that you cannot embed content from Facebook and Instagram (status, videos, images …) into your WordPress website easily by copying and pasting links like before. WordPress will also remove Facebook and Instagram from the list of built-in oEmbeds. Although not sure, it is likely that the content that you have embedded before will also see display errors.
- How to integrate Facebook Chat into WordPress website
- Integrate Facebook Chat for website without using plugins
If you are someone who regularly embeds content from Facebook and Instagram into your website, today’s article is for you. With just a few simple steps, you will be able to bring Facebook oEmbed and Instagram oEmbed back… to the way they were.
Integrate with Facebook oEmbed and Instagram oEmbed
3. In the Create an App ID box , select For Everything Else .
4. Enter App Display Name and App Contact Email then click Create App ID button .
5. Confirm you are not a robot then click Submit button .
6. Scroll to the bottom, click the Set Up button corresponding to the oEmbed item .
7. Tick on I agree that any data I receive… then click Confirm button.
8. In the application administration interface, click Settings => Basic .
Fill in the following fields:
- Category : choose any, see which one best suits your website then choose.
- App Purpose: Choose Yourself or your own business.
Click the Save Changes button to save.
9. Click on the switch icon to change it from In development to Live .
10. Back to the WordPress Dashboard , go to Settings => Writing , scroll down to Facebook and Instagram Embed Settings => enter App ID and App Secret (copied in step 8) into the respective fields and click the Save Changes button to save.
Accomplished! The rest is to enjoy the results only. It’s great, isn’t it?
If you liked this article, please subscribe to my blog to regularly update the best and latest articles via email. Thanks very much. 🙂